The free app is available on Apple’s iTunes Store by searching “Kentucky Bourbon Trail” or by visiting www.kentuckybourbontrailapp.com. The redesigned website is www.kybourbontrail.com.
“It’s amazing how much our signature tourist attraction – along with technology – has grown in just 14 years,” said Eric Gregory, President of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association that created the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® tour.
“Our very first brochure was released on this date in 1999 to simply offer directions to our legendary distilleries. These new digital tools provide so much more to help visitors plan, coordinate and enjoy their Kentucky Bourbon Trail® experience and beyond.”
Features of the new app and website include:
- Mapping, GPS directions and tour hours for Kentucky Bourbon Trail® and Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft TourTM distilleries
- Digital check-in capabilities for the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® Passport program, which rewards visitors who tour all seven distilleries with a free t-shirt
- Menus and itineraries to discover local attractions, dining, lodging and more – including a new “trip planner” on the website with links and suggestions
- A virtual shelf to explore tasting notes for dozens of Bourbon and American whiskey brands, add personal ratings and educate friends through social media
- Bourbon 101 – a tutorial section to learn more about the art and science behind crafting America’s only native spiritThe Kentucky Bourbon Trail® program features Four Roses and Wild Turkey in Lawrenceburg; Heaven Hill’s Bourbon Heritage Center in Bardstown; Jim Beam in Clermont; Maker’s Mark in Loretto; Town Branch in Lexington and Woodford Reserve in Versailles.
Read the full article here.